I’ve had a lot of time for reading lately, which is nice. But suddenly I am reminded of a lot of things that bother me about books, even if I enjoy it.
1. When the book was good until a very fucked up ending.
2. When you find a book that is ridiculously fun to read.
3. When a book gives you intense emotions.
4. But you know no one who has read it, and can’t discuss it with anybody.
5. When you see someone with a book you loved, you want to chase them down to talk about it.
6. When you have to take breaks to think about the book.
7. When the book gives you an existential crisis.
8. When the battle scenes sound more awkward than badass.
9. When the author is trying to push “facts” that you know are totally wrong.
10. When people see you reading and ask about the plot, and it sounds so weird when you describe it.
11. So you opt to just get annoyed at being interrupted.
12. When you find a world to be totally engrossing.
13. And you know the only option is to stay up all night reading.
14. When the main character is a Gary Stu and all the women are just eye candy.
15. And by the end you are rooting for the villain.
16. When you find an awesome book with a well written female protagonist.
17. When the author seems to forget facts and rules they established earlier in the book.
18. And then a deus ex machina saves the day.
19. When a series you love seriously drops in quality, or the author dies before they can finish it.
20. When you find a person with the same tastes and you can recommend books to each other.